The classic buttery and slightly sweet taste of cornbread goes perfectly with many meals. Unfortunately, many traditional cornbread recipes are made with many allergens and harmful ingredients, but this cornbread is gluten free, dairy free, and egg free, yet it still tastes like the real thing–or even better based on some reviews. :)
These mini muffins taste so much better than they look and are amazing once they’ve baked to a golden, crisp perfection. Each crumbly cornbread muffin is light and fluffy with a buttery taste. Dip them in soups or slather on your favorite spread–there are many possibilities!
- Healthy Mini Cornbread Muffins2014-05-15 17:51:18wet ingredients
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 tbs. earth balance vegan butter
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 cup corn
Simple Sweets & Treats http://simplesweetsandtreats.com/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Whisk dry ingredients except corn together in a medium sized mixing bowl, then slowly add contents of wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until a dough forms, then add corn and enough water until mixture reaches desired consistency. Pour cornbread mixture into a mini muffin tin and fill 3/4 full. Bake for 20-30 minutes, then let cool.