Vibrant fresh peppers are folded inside a creamy and savory corn sauce with a hint of buttery garlic flavor in this colorful cream soup that is based off of the creamy corn alfredo soup that was posted earlier. It is smooth and savory with the perfect creamy consistency for incorporating colorful slices of sweet peppers for a pop of flavor and crunch. The crisp peppers along with the alfredo-like soup base creates an amazing combination that is a must try! For a touch of spice, feel free to add some spicy peppers to the mix as well as fresh salsa and cilantro. This vibrant assortment of flavors and textures makes for a zesty and creamy soup.
This fiesta pepper corn soup is abundant with savory, sweet, and rich flavors from the fresh ingredients and provides plenty of vitamins and minerals that aid in nutrient absorption. It’s fast, easy, and tasty while also being a vibrant feast for the senses!
- 4 cups frozen or fresh white corn
- 1/2 cup of leftover hot cooking water
- 1/4 tsp. unrefined salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. butter or oil of choice
- 1 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- Additional toppings: 1 cup sliced sweet peppers, 1/4 cup shredded fresh cilantro, optional: 1/3 hot pepper,
- Steam or boil corn until cooked through. Add to blender or food processor along with salt and some cooking water and blend on high until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the peppers and blend until mixed through. Add the sliced peppers and a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!