I didn’t know it was possible to transform corn into a smooth and luxuriously creamy sauce, but with an efficient blender or food processor and white sweet-corn, it can be done! It amazes me that it can create a thick buttery sauce that is delicious as a pasta sauce, dressing, soup or a dip that goes with so many foods such as noodles, steamed veggies, salads, and chips. Corn adds such a sweet yet salty taste with a thick and creamy texture.
This is an incredibly simple and healthy plant-based recipe that is free of the most common allergens and processed ingredients.
- 4 cups frozen white sweet corn
- 1/2 cup hot water or broth
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- optional 2 tbsp. buttery spread such as earth balance
- unrefined salt
- optional basil and parsley
- Boil or steam frozen corn until tender, about 10 minutes after water boils. While corn cooks, prepare other ingredients. When corn is done, add it along with the water/broth into a high speed blender or food processor and blend on low, then on high until the corn becomes a mixture that is very smooth and creamy. Now add the additional ingredients and blend until just mixed. Serve and enjoy!